Gordon Macdonald in his book “Building Below the Waterline” has a series of questions that he and his wife compiled to ask themselves when they think about growth. Great questions! Worth sharing. Enjoy.
- Am I too defensive when asked questions about the use of my time and the consistency of my spiritual disciplines?
- Have I locked myself into a schedule that provides no rest or fun times with friends and family?
- What does my day planner say about time for study, general reading, and bodily exercise?
- What about the quality of my speech? Do I whine and complain? Am I frequently critical of people and institutions, or of those who clearly do not like me?
- Am I drawn to TV shows or entertainment that do not reflect my desired spiritual culture?
- Am I tempted to stretch the truth, enlarge numbers that are favorable to me, or tell stories that make me look good?
- Do I blame others for things that are my own fault or the result of my own choices?
- Is my spirit in a state of quiet so I can hear God speak?